i’ve been on the search for a really good chocolate chip cookie and i have finally found it thanks to nigella lawson. these are chocolate chocolate chip cookies and are quite delish! if you are ever in need of a really indulgent cookie, this is it!
125g. dark chocolate (i used milk choc)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
125g. soft butter
75g. light brown sugar
50g. white sugar
1 egg, cold from the fridge
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 bags of chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 170ºC.
- melt the chocolate. i melted it on the stove over a pan of boiling water. microwave may be quicker.
- cream the butter and sugars.
- add the melted chocolate, the vanilla and the egg.
- combine dry ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- add the ingredients to the mix, and then the chips.
this amount makes 12 large cookies. scoop a good spoonful amount per cookie,and don’t flatten the cookie (they’ll flatten themselves).
they’ll take about 15-18 minutes to cook.
(recipe from nigella)