Today, I am 30. It’s amazing how quickly time flies. Most days I still feel like I am 18, and more often than not I act like I am 8. Although, I must admit that I was slightly dreading my birthday this week. It seems like a massive turning point to leave your 20’s, but I think I was just making it so. Suddenly I feel like I’m meant to be an adult. That’s not likely to happen, but the nagging feeling was there. I’ve decided to ignore that though and make my 30th year, my best year yet!
With that in mind, I’ve been inspired by Alex (who is always so inspiring!) to create my own list of 30 things to do in my 30th year. I’m sharing them on my blog so I can cross them off as I accomplish them.
- Have a food shot published in a recognised foodie mag.
Lose 25lbs (Lost about 7lbs…it’s a start, right?)
- Have my design work featured in HOW or .net
- Draw an art piece I am truly happy with.
- Master my camera.
- Create a home I really love.
Get some style.(Getting there. I’ve got the style idea, now I need the wardrobe)
- Fly a kite.
- Go a full day without criticising myself.
- Organise and backup all my photos (have some semblance of a system).
- Finally create a wedding album.
- Go to a design conference.
- Sew something.
- Have a lovely picnic somewhere beautiful.
- Sell more photos.
- Get a birthday card and present for all my family to them on time.
- Have a full-on Saffa braai with friends.
Do something surprising.
Swim in the ocean again.
Have a professional massage.
Cook more and learn 5-10 delish dishes.
Take a proper vacation for a week and don’t feel guilty about it.
- Reconnect with my mentor from college.
- Stop saying “sorry” for things that aren’t my fault/have nothing to do with me. It’s a bad habit I have.
Don’t hesitate to buy myself flowers.
- Go go-carting.
- Become a good listener.
- Learn not to say yes when I really mean no.