As I dust off things here, I thought it might be good to play a little catch-up as to what I’ve been doing over the past few months, with the aim of actually keeping this blog active. We’ll see how that goes.
- Bought a house which needed some major updating inside, so we spent a few months working on redoing the walls, ceilings and flooring. We did a lot in that time, but there is still a lot to do, including entirely revamping the kitchen and bathrooms. It’s an ongoing project
- Just yesterday, we bought a new car! I’ve never owned a new car before, let alone such a lovely one. A 2012 Rav4 Sport.
- Picked up my camera again. It’s been awhile. I’m eager to get back into photography.
- Tore my ACL and PCL in my right knee during a derby practice so I was out of things for awhile. It was a good learning experience for me, and a challenge for my patience. Had my first MRI because of it. Fun times.
- Started hitting the gym regularly, including getting back in the pool and doing some laps. Feels great! Slowly losing the weight I’ve wanted to get rid of for some time.
- Ran my first 5K in just over 30mins
- Signed up for a number of other 5Ks, and my first 10K for next year
- Got to see one of my favourite bands, The Black Keys, live.